
Hey everyone! I am excited to get this blog going and see the progression that it makes. I basically want to share with you all something that interests me and hopefully you can take away some interesting things from day to day.
The name of this blog was inspired by a friend who is insistent on calling sororities "soros" . This irks sorority girls just as much as calling a fraternity a "frat" does.
Didn't know that bothered us? Well, it does! A "frat" is something that you see on T.V. pounding back beers at all hours of the day, and not in real life. A "soro" just sounds like a sloppy name for a group of sorority women- who overall are not sloppy at all.
"Aholic" comes from no where else besides people assuming all Greek members are alcoholics or addicted to some sort of negativity. Personally, my addiction is my sorority itself.
Sometimes I feel like I am a "soro"-aholic because I am so involved and always have something to do pertaining to it. This is generally a good thing but sometimes can be a bit overwhelming when I find myself putting school or work on the back burner.
What I hope to bring to this blog is a sense of humor and shed some light on the ridiculous portrayals of Greeks around the nation. I hope to bring some positivity to your mind when I tell you that I am a member of the Greek community.
I do not want you to assume that I have bad grades or that I've slept with an entire fraternity pledge class in order to get initiated. I want you to see me for my contributions to Greek Life and the impact that we have made on universities across the nation.
I will be posting links, stories, pictures, etc. to show you all funny things I have found and we will analyze them together. For those of you new to this, I will introduce you to my world and help you understand it a little better. For those veteran Greeks out there, you may find my findings relatable, funny or new to you.
Spread the word and get ready to become a "soro"-aholic! :)
ALL sorority girls should read this!!!!!
ReplyDelete